Linux Counter Strike is a world famous Lan game. Mostly Players were preferring Windows family platform to play it,while many of them wanted open source for other works. But they couldn’t do this due to game addiction [:)]. Now Open Source Ubuntu is also providing the platform to play all Steam and Non-Steam games.
To play Counter Strike on Ubuntu 10.10 follow these easy steps:
- If You are Steam user then read Installation of PlayOnLinux .
- Go to System >> Administration >> Synaptic Package Manager.
- Enter your password to Authentication.
- Now search Wine and mark the Wine1.2-dev.
- Click on Apply to installation.
- Now to install Counter Strike, Right click on Counter Strike setup and select Open With Other Appliaction >> Winhlp32.
- Wait to complete the installation.
Now its time for play
- Go to Application >> Wine >> Program >> Counter Strike 1.6[Folder] >> Counter Strike 1.6 [exe].
- Now open game’s Console and commandfps_max 101 [Its improve your frame per second].
It was the installation for the users who have single platform [Only Ubuntu 10.10]. But Some users have more than one platform [ Windows as well as Ubuntu ].
If they have already installed Counter Strike on Windows then no need to install Counter Strike on Ubuntu again. They can use already installed Counter Strike in the Program File of Windows. Follow these steps to use already installed Counter Strike:
- Start Ubuntu and login
- Go to Places >>Computer, and open the Folder where you installed Counter strike on Windows Machine.
- Now Right click on hl.exe and open with Winhlp32.
Hope this will helpful for you, for any query or help post comments.